- Photographs may be entered during the contest period in the following categories:
- Picture Perfect Pennsylvania: showcase your adventures, favorite places and food in the Keystone State.
- It’s A Wonderful World: show off the natural world and its wild inhabitants.
- Entrants are limited to one photograph per category.
- Photographs must be acceptable for public viewing by all age groups.
- Photographs may not contain human subjects.
- Entry materials will be received via email only.
Entry materials will be accepted beginning Tuesday, December 14, 2021 through Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
- Submit image(s) (jpg or png file format only) via email to amichael[at]lclibs.org with subject line “Photo Contest.”
- In the text of the email, please include the following information: entrant’s name, age group, category of submission, preferred method of contact information (i.e. include phone number or email), and library barcode number.
- One image per email please; images for separate categories should be submitted via separate emails and include the information listed above.
- Entry materials received outside the contest period or that do not meet the guidelines outlined herein will be automatically disqualified.
The public may view and vote on entry materials via online or paper ballot Tuesday, January 24 through Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
- The public determines the winning image in each age group/category via online or paper ballot during the voting period specified in these contest guidelines.
- Entry materials and/or winning images may be featured online via the library’s website and/or social media platforms, in the library building, and/or in the community.
- The entry materials receiving the most votes in each age group/category will be awarded prizes.
Prizes will be awarded for each category in each age group. Winners will receive a gift card and a certificate of achievement. Winners will be notified the week following the end of the voting period via their preferred method of contact.
Library Use of Entries/Rights
By entering the Matthews Public Library Smartphone Photography Contest, entrants give permission to Matthews Public Library to use, modify, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, or make derivative works of entry materials for promotional or any other purposes digitally or in print while copyright of entry materials remains with respective entrants.
Entry materials must be the original work of the entrant and must not be copied in whole or in part from any other work.