Get Outdoors, Lebanon County!
Special 2020 UPDATES
UPDATE 7.2.2020: The correct address of Ironwood Community Park is S. 14th Ave. (NOT S. 14 St. as listed in some booklets).
UPDATE 6.30.2020: GO Lebanon booklets and rubbing sheets are now available via Entryway Pickup Service at the library!
What is Beanstack? Beanstack is an online resource for logging your hikes for GO Lebanon! Sign up by clicking the Beanstack button above; log your hikes by clicking the Beanstack button above and logging in to your account.
If you can’t make it to your local library during curbside hours to pick up a copy, click below to print your own. Please be advised that the rubbing sheet may need to be printed on two separate pieces of paper.
GO Lebanon will officially start on July 1st and run through August 30th. You will have until September 5th to enter your info into Beanstack. We will still issue rubbing sheets, but we will not be collecting them this year. You will earn credit for hikes by entering 4-digit codes, which are on the posts, into Beanstack through your local library. By doing this, we can eliminate people from touching the post (unless you choose to do the rubbing), but you will not turn that sheet in.
Additionally, all participants are encouraged to continue to practice all safety guidelines recommended by the CDC. At this time, that includes social distancing, wearing masks if you cannot social distance, sanitizing or washing of your hands frequently, covering your cough or sneeze with your elbow, and limiting your exposure to large groups, especially indoors. We will also continue to follow each park’s rules for safety. At this time (and this may change), all park playground equipment is closed as well as many restrooms. Please adhere to all park rules regarding the usage of their facilities. As things change, the website will be updated. If for any reason a trail or park is closed and inaccessible for any reason, updates will be issued in the Facebook group and on the website.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work to bring this program to all of our followers. Until then, get outside and hike and be safe.
GO and Find Your Story, Lebanon County!
Are you looking for something exciting for your family to do together this summer in the great outdoors? Looking to discover the great parks of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, but don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered! And best of all it’s free and fun for all ages!
In 2017 participants collectively walked over 4,000 miles! (We walked 3,000+ miles in 2016!) Can we top that this year? Join children and families from all over Lebanon County this summer in the Get Outdoors (GO), Lebanon County program. Get outdoors and discover the wonder of nature as you hunt for 15 activity posts hidden in parks and along trails in Lebanon County. Children follow clues available in their free guidebooks to locate each post. They then make a rubbing of the unique etching plate found at each post as a record of their “find.” The more activity posts you find, the better your chances are to win an exciting grand prize. Each year this program’s theme changes to reflect that of the Summer Learning Programs at Lebanon County Libraries!
Due to the ongoing coronavirus emergency, Get Outdoors, Lebanon County begins Wednesday, July 1 and runs through Sunday, August 30, 2020.
As a result of the unique circumstances this Summer, GO, Lebanon, has been re-scheduled to begin Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Participants will be required to enter their info and 4-digit codes into Beanstack (more info coming soon!) by Saturday, September 5, 2020. Please stay tuned for more details regarding changes to this year’s program. For updates regarding this year’s program as well as hints, tips, and photos for the program, join the Get Outdoors (GO) Lebanon Facebook group.
- Pick up your etching sheet and guidebook at your local library this summer.
- Each family receives (1) guidebook per family and (1) etching sheet per child 17 years or younger.
- Use your guidebook to identify the 15 participating parks within Lebanon County.
- Use the clues to find each post located in the participating parks. Make sure you take a crayon or pencil with you on your adventure so you can shade over the picture onto your etching sheet. Do not use marker or pen.
- The last day to obtain etchings in the parks is Sunday, August 30, 2020; posts will be removed the next day.
- Record your etching sheet in Beanstack by Saturday, September 5, 2020, to qualify for prizes.
3 or more etching rubs = small prize.
4-9 etchings = small prize + 1 entry to win a grand prize
10-14 etchings = small prize + 2 chances to win a grand prize
Collect all 15 = small prize + 3 chances to win a grand prize
Collect 4 or more etchings to win a chance at 1 of 5 grand prizes!
Children attending the family hikes hosted by select local libraries will receive a chance to win a grand prize at the end of the hike.
2020 Grand Prize Packages:
- Nighttime Explorer Prize Pack (a night sky-themed set including a telescope, astronomy books, and a book light)
- Nighttime Outdoor Fun Prize Pack (a set of glow-in-the-dark lawn games to play with friends and family)
- Daytime Explorer Prize Pack (a set of STEM equipment for kids and books about backyard flora and fauna)
- Daytime Outdoor Fun Prize Pack (a collection of classic lawn games, including corn hole and bubbles)
- Family Picnic Prize Pack (a set that includes everything necessary to enjoy a meal in the great outdoors, including a picnic basket and gift cards for Subway)
The Get Outdoors (GO) Lebanon program is a collaborative initiative of WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital and Lebanon County Libraries. For additional information, please contact Melanie Wells, Community Wellness Coordinator, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital at 717.270.7764 or visit the initiative website for more information!