Get Outdoors, Lebanon County!
GO and Explore The Universe, Lebanon County!
Are you looking for something exciting for your family to do together this summer in the great outdoors? Looking to discover the great parks of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, but don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered! And best of all it’s free and fun for all ages!
In 2017 participants collectively walked over 4,000 miles! (We walked 3,000+ miles in 2016!) Can we top that this year? Join children and families from all over Lebanon County this summer in the Get Outdoors (GO), Lebanon County program. Get outdoors and discover the wonder of nature as you hunt for 15 activity posts hidden in parks and along trails in Lebanon County. Children follow clues available in their free guidebooks to locate each post. They then make a rubbing of the unique etching plate found at each post as a record of their “find.” The more activity posts you find, the better your chances are to win an exciting grand prize. Each year this program’s theme changes to reflect that of the Summer Learning Programs at Lebanon County Libraries!
Monday, June 3, 2019 to Monday, August 12, 2019
The GO and Explore The Universe program begins on Monday, June 3rd and runs until Monday, August 12th; hand in etching sheets to your library by Saturday, August 17th. Copies of the free Get Outdoors, Lebanon County guidebook may be picked up at any Lebanon County Library starting June 3rd. You may find as many etchings as you want at your own pace over the summer!
- Pick up your musical score at your local library June 3rd or later.
- Each family receives (1) guidebook per family and (1) etching sheet per child 17 years or younger.
- Use your guidebook to identify the 15 participating parks within Lebanon County.
- Use the clues to find each post located in the participating parks. Make sure you take a crayon or pencil with you on your adventure so you can shade over the picture onto your etching sheet. Do not use marker or pen.
- The last day to obtain etchings in the parks is Monday, August 12th; posts will be removed the next day.
- Return your etching sheet to your local library by August 17th to qualify for prizes.
3 or more etching rubs = small prize.
4-9 etchings = small prize + 1 entry to win a grand prize
10-14 etchings = small prize + 2 chances to win a grand prize
Collect all 15 = small prize + 3 chances to win a grand prize
Collect 4 or more etchings to win a chance at 1 of 5 grand prizes!
Children attending the family hikes hosted by select local libraries will receive a chance to win a grand prize at the end of the hike.
2019 Grand Prize Packages:
- Sky Zone Gift Card ($100)
- Space Prize Pack (includes Space Explorer STEM Kit, LEGO Space Shuttle Kit, and space-themed books)
- Reading Public Museum & Planetarium Admission (for 2 adults, 4 children)
- Telescope Prize Pack (includes tabletop telescope and a book)
- Galaxy Tent Prize Pack (includes tent, stomp rockets, and books)
The Get Outdoors (GO) Lebanon program is a collaborative initiative of WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital and Lebanon County Libraries. For additional information, please contact Melanie Wells, Community Wellness Coordinator, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital at 717.270.7764 or visit the initiative website for more information!